Century Federal Credit Union will begin accepting applications for the 2022 Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship starting January 1, 2022. This scholarship honors the legacy of Guy H. Thorpe, who served as a dedicated volunteer on the Century Federal Board of Directors for 30 years.
Century Federal is committed to assisting our youth account members who choose to further their education through post-secondary studies. Scholarships will be awarded to four Century Federal Credit Union youth account members in the amount of $1,500 to qualifying high school seniors, per the requirements noted below*.
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship award:
- Century Federal member in good standing for at least one year
- High school senior or recent high school graduate (no more than 6 months past graduation)
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Complete application with applicant and parental signatures
- List of applicant’s community service experience
- List of applicant’s extra-curricular activities
- 250-300 word essay describing one specific experience during your community service or extra-curricular activities that has helped to shape your future educational plans
- Copy of the applicant’s most current high school transcripts (these do not need to be final transcripts)
How to Apply
Simply apply online or download the Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship application.
If you choose to download the application, please type or neatly print your information. Please note that any incomplete applications will be disqualified. Once completed, send all scholarship requirements to one of the following:
- By email: Scan all documents and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By branch: Drop off all required documents to your local Century Federal branch
- By mail: Century Federal Credit Union, Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship, 4600 Rockside Road, Independence, OH 44131.
Applications must be received by April 30, 2022. If mailing your application, the envelope must be postmarked by April 30, 2022. Award recipients will be notified no later than June 1, 2022.
The Century Federal Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship Committee will review all submitted eligible applications and will choose four applicants to receive the scholarship award in the amount of $1,500.
- Click here to submit questions online
- Call Member Services at 216-535-3200
- Stop in to your local Century Federal Credit Union branch
*Scholarship program terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice. Directors, volunteers and employees of Century Federal Credit Union and their immediate family members are not eligible for the Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship. All application information received will be held confidential by Century Federal Credit Union.