Please be advised that the NASA Glenn Research Center branch is temporarily closed. AJC Federal Building, Sherwin-Williams corporate headquarters, and VA Medical Center are open to employees only.
All Century Federal facilities are under restricted access for employees and visitors who are experiencing acute respiratory illness symptoms until they have fully recovered. If you have any questions regarding these safety measures, please contact our Member Services Center at 216-535-3200.
to learn more about restricted access at our branches during this time.
Mandatory Mask Order
In accordance with Governor Mike DeWine's Executive Order for Cuyahoga County, masks are now mandatory in order to enter ALL branches beginning July 8, 2020 at 6pm. Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe!
At-Risk Member Hours and Appointments
As the State of Ohio prepares for Responsible RestartOhio
, they have provided citizens and businesses with protocols
for safely conducting their essential business. Please be assured that Century Federal continues to be committed to providing the safest environment for our members to conduct their financial business.
In addition, we will be offering At-Risk Member Hours
. This is a courtesy to our members, who have health conditions that put them at a higher risk of contracting the virus, with a safer opportunity to conduct business, prior to the general membership population having access, as follows:
Tuesday through Saturday (9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.)
Tuesday through Saturday (9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.)
North Olmsted branch:
Monday through Saturday (8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday (8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.)
We are also offering Appointment Scheduling
at four of our branches in order to provide our members with a scheduled time to conduct business in alignment with the State of Ohio Social Distancing Guidelines. (Please also understand that members are encouraged to call ahead to make an appointment at any branch on any day of the week.)
Available days for appointments by branch are as follows:
Independence 216-535-3410 Lyndhurst 216-535-3800
Monday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Tuesday-Friday 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Saturday 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Strongsville 216-535-3260 North Olmsted 216-535-3100
Monday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Monday, Thursday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Tuesday-Friday 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday-10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Saturday-9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
In addition, as part of our continued commitment to our members’ and employees’ health and safety, the following will be enacted company-wide:
1. All branches will continue to operate under restricted access
and all members will be required to be symptom-free before entering the branch. Members may be denied entrance to the branch if they are displaying any of the COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with persons who have had the virus.
2. Daily health assessments will be conducted for employees in attendance at all Century Federal branches.
3. Employees will all practice good hygiene at all times – including wearing gloves, handwashing, sanitizing, and social distancing.
4. Century Federal will continue with deep cleaning and sanitizing workplaces throughout the workday and at the close of business each day.
5. Social Distancing will be continue to be enforced at all branches.
6. In accordance with the State of Ohio, we are reducing the maximum capacity of each branch by 50% of the local fire codes.
7. Only the member conducting business will be allowed to enter the branch. No additional family members or guests may enter with the member unless they are also conducting business.
We truly believe that Together We’re Better
in keeping our members and employees safe!
Regulation D - Temporary Revision to Truth in Savings Disclosure
April 24, 2020 – The Federal Reserve has issued an interim rule to remove the six-per-month transaction limit on transferring between savings and checking accounts. Click here to learn more. Click here for the temporarily revised Truth-in-Savings disclosure.
Be alert for Coronavirus stimulus check scams
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) was approved on Friday, March 27th. Eligible American taxpayers will receive checks in the amount of $1,200.00 via mail or direct deposit from the Treasury Department through the IRS.
The IRS has stated that taxpayers will receive their one-time direct deposit payments within three weeks. However, the IRS and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are warning that stimulus check scams and frauds are on the rise.
- Taxpayers do not need to sign up for anything to receive their stimulus check.
- The IRS does not make phone calls, contact the public via social media, or send texts and emails to confirm personal details.
As a Century Federal Credit Union member, if you or your family should receive an email, phone call or text message claiming to be from either the IRS or the Treasury Department stating they will process your Coronavirus stimulus check claim, but need some personal financial information from you first, or say that you need to pay a fee of any kind, including the purchase of gift cards, ignore the email/text message or hang up on the phone call immediately!
- The direct deposit or mailing of the stimulus check is automatic, meaning you do not have to do anything, provide any financial information or pay a fee in advance.
- The IRS is referring to the 2019 taxpayer returns for the information on where to make the direct deposit or mail the stimulus check. The IRS already has all of the information it needs.
- If you have not updated your direct deposit information on your last filed return, you may receive your stimulus check by U.S. Mail.
- If your stimulus check is coming by mail, please allow for a delay.
- If the IRS does need to get in touch with you, it will send a letter through the U.S. Mail
- In a few weeks, the IRS will be launching a dedicated online portal for stimulus checks. However, since the portal is not available yet, take caution and do not give out your personal and credit union account information to anyone.
Be aware of Coronavirus scams
Throughout these unprecedented times, please be aware that there will be criminals looking for ways to take advantage of our members, by offering you coronavirus “cures” or asking for your personal and confidential financial information.
- Fraudsters are pretending to be from reputable institutions such as the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and even Century Federal, attempting to steal your personal and financial data
- Be suspicious of any email you receive claiming to have a cure or vaccine for Covid-19. Do NOT click on any link in any such email
- Be careful of any unsolicited emails or phone calls you may receive
Phone, Email and Text Communications from Century Federal Credit Union
Century Federal Credit Union does contact its members, if necessary to provide services, through legitimate calls, emails and texts.
However, please know that Century Federal Credit Union will never contact you to ask that you provide or verify any of the following information:
- Your full Social Security, account numbers or credit/debit card numbers
- Your Online Banking username and/or password
- Answers to your confidential security questions over the phone
- Activity in your checking, savings or loan accounts
If you receive an email, text message or phone call from anyone claiming to be from Century Federal that asks you for any of the above personal information, HANG UP, and call our Member Service Center immediately at 1-800-615-2328.
Please know that Century Federal is and will continue to be here to serve our members.
Online and Mobile Banking
We are here for you—anytime, anywhere.
As coronavirus impacts our communities, it won't impact our commitment to serve you. You can always bank with us anytime, anywhere online or through our mobile app. And if you're experiencing account hardship due to coronavirus, we can help. We're here to make banking easier for you.
With Century Federal Credit Union Online and Mobile Banking, you can always:
- Check your accounts for balances and view the latest transaction information
- Securely and remotely deposit checks with your mobile device
- Manage your account profile to ensure your contact information is up to date, including email address
- Send and receive money to virtually anyone with a valid U.S. phone number or email address with QuickPay P2P
- Pay bills, including your Century Federal credit cards, loans, mortgages and other bills
- Transfer money between your accounts
If you are new to online and mobile banking, it's easy to enroll and get started. For online banking, you can click here
to visit our home page to sign up and login for the first time, or you can also download our mobile app by clicking the appropriate App Store for your mobile device:
Our branches are here for you too
Use our branch and ATM locator to view the status of your preferred branch and our network of more than 30,000 fee-free ATMs. Please take the recommended safety precautions when utilizing ATM machines of any kind, as well as handling cash or other currency.
During these challenging times, our members’ health, safety and security is our top priority. That's why in addition to following guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Governor of Ohio, and the Ohio Department of Health, we have implemented enhanced cleaning procedures at our branches and offices.
And, please recognize that during these types of situations, you may receive fraudulent attempts (via phone, e-mail, or text) to obtain your personal information, including passwords or other confidential information. Remember that Century Federal Credit Union will never call to ask for your password or any other confidential information.
Our Member Services Center is also available for your questions at 216-535-3200 from Monday-Friday from 7:30AM - 6:00PM, and Saturday 8:00AM – 2:00PM ET. You may also contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, thank you for choosing Century Federal Credit Union. Together We’re Better!
A Message from our CEO & President
Dear Valued Member,
As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) begins to have an increased impact on our communities, we feel it's important to connect directly with you to share more about the steps we're taking across our business and branch locations to help keep you, our members, and our communities safe and healthy.
Our hearts go out to all those who have been affected. The health and safety of our members and employees has always been our top priority, and we will continue to monitor this rapidly evolving situation. Our branches are cleaned regularly as part of our normal course of business. Going forward, we will increase the frequency and extent of those cleanings, in addition to adding resources like hand sanitizer in our branch and office locations for both members and employees.
We have posted copies of the Ohio Department of Health Coronavirus Prevention chart in all branch locations, and continue to provide updated information company-wide to ensure that all Century Federal employees have what they need to stay healthy, and have been directed to stay home if they aren't feeling well. All of these practices and our business decisions are made with guidance from the CDC, WHO, and Ohio Department of Health, with additional direction from local, U.S. government and public health agencies. As a precaution, we encourage our members to please exercise good hygiene habits when utilizing any ATM or handling money.
Based on the information we have assembled from various health agencies, our own preparedness, and the current state of our operations, we are confident at this time that our branch locations will continue to conduct business in a safe and preventative manner.
Furthermore, after thoughtful consideration, we have made the decision to cancel this year’s in-person Annual Meeting, previously scheduled for March 26 at Acacia in Beachwood. We are, however, planning to hold a LIVE virtual meeting in its place where our members will be able to interact directly with myself, and a few of our board members from the comfort and safety of your home.
We understand that part of the excitement surrounding our Annual Meeting is the valuable giveaways that we provide to our valued members, and please know that these will still be available to members who choose to attend the virtual meeting. We will have more details on this, and how to access the live meeting in the days to come. Please stay tuned for more information!
To close, our hope is to make it easy for our members to conduct business with Century Federal Credit Union. As always, our Member Services Center is ready to assist with any questions or concerns that you may have. We also suggest that you conduct many of your daily banking transactions, such as checking your account balances, remotely deposit checks and authorize account transfers – all by utilizing Online Banking on your desktop computer or with the mobile banking app on your smartphone or tablet. You can also obtain additional information, such as ways to protect yourself from the virus, and limiting your exposure. Click here for helpful tips from the Ohio Department of Health.
Thank you for continuing to be a member of Century Federal Credit Union.
“Together, We’re a Better Way”
Sharon L. Churchill, President & CEO
Century Federal Credit Union