Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship
Century Federal Credit Union is honored to give back to our youth account members with our annual Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship. Century Federal has been awarding scholarships to our youth members since 2010. Continuing education can be very expensive and we want to do our part to help make college a more affordable journey for our members. The scholarship is named after one of our former Board members, Guy H. Thorpe, who served on the Century Federal Board of Directors from 1971-1999 and was a credit union member for more than 30 years. Each year scholarships are awarded to four qualifying youth members.
Congratulations to Our 2018 Guy Thorpe Scholarship Recipients!
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship award:
- Century Federal youth account holder for at least one year
- High school seniors or recent high school graduates (no more than 6 months past graduation)
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Complete application with applicant and parental signatures
- List of applicant’s community service experience
- List of applicant’s extra-curricular activities
- 250-300 word essay describing one specific experience during your community service or extra-curricular activities that has helped to shape your future educational plans
- Copy of the applicant’s most current high school transcripts (these do not need to be final transcripts)
The Century Federal Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship Committee will review all submitted eligible applications. The committee will choose four applicants to receive the scholarship awards. Winners will be publicly announced no later than June 1 and will be published in the summer edition of our Century Federal Insight Newsletter, in the branches and also on the Century Federal website and social media pages.
How to Apply
Simply download the Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship application
here or stop by any of our Century Federal branch locations
to pick up an application.
Please type or neatly print the information outlined in the application. Once completed, send all scholarship requirements (listed above) to one of the following:
- By email: Scan all documents and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By branch: Drop off all required documents to your local Century Federal branch
- By mail: Century Federal Credit Union, Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship, 1240 E. 9th Street, Suite 719 Cleveland, Ohio 44199
Please note that the scholarship application deadline for the 2018 Guy Thorpe Scholarship ended on May 1, 2018. Awardees for the 2018 Guy Thorpe Scholarship will be announced no later than June 1, 2018.
Direct inquiries about the 2017 Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship should be sent to the Century Federal Marketing department at 216-535-3227, via email at email@example.com
or stop in your local Century Federal branch to speak with a branch representative.
Century Federal wishes all high school seniors and recent graduates the best of luck in all of their future endeavors. All information submitted will be held confidential by Century Federal Credit Union.
*Scholarship program terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice. Directors, volunteers and employees of Century Federal Credit Union and their immediate family members are not eligible for the Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship.