Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship
Century Federal Credit Union is now accepting applications for the 2020 Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship honors the legacy of Guy H. Thorpe, who served as a dedicated volunteer on the Century Federal Board of Directors for 30 years.
Century Federal is committed to assisting our youth account members who choose to further their education through postsecondary studies. Scholarships will be awarded to four Century Federal Credit Union youth account members1, per the requirements noted below.
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship award:
- Century Federal youth account holder for at least one year
- High school senior or recent high school graduate (no more than 6 months past graduation)
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Complete application with applicant and parental signatures
- List of applicant’s community service experience
- List of applicant’s extra-curricular activities
- 250-300 word essay describing one specific experience during your community service or extra-curricular activities that has helped to shape your future educational plans
- Copy of the applicant’s most current high school transcripts (these do not need to be final transcripts)
The Century Federal Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship Committee will review all submitted eligible applications. The committee will choose four applicants to receive the scholarship award.
Applications must be received in a Century Federal branch or be mailed and postmarked by May 1, 2020. Applicants will receive email notification of application receipt. Award recipients will be notified no later than June 1, 2020.
How to Apply
Simply download the Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship application
or stop by any of our Century Federal branch locations
to pick up an application.
Please type or neatly print the information outlined in the application. Please note that any incomplete applications will be disqualified.
Once completed, send all scholarship requirements to one of the following:
- By email: Scan all documents and email them to email@example.com.
- By branch: Drop off all required documents to your local Century Federal branch
- By mail: Century Federal Credit Union, Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship, 4600 Rockside Road, Independence, OH 44131.
Coming soon… A Better Way to apply for the Century Federal Credit Union Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship! Applicants will be able to apply for the scholarship and submit supporting documents online without the hassle of mailing in an application or submitting it in-branch. The online application tool will be made available soon, so please check back in for details.
Please send questions about the Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call Member Services at 216-535-3200 or stop in your local Century Federal branch to speak with a branch representative.
Century Federal wishes all high school seniors and recent graduates the best of luck in all of their future endeavors. All information submitted will be held confidential by Century Federal Credit Union.
1Scholarship program terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice. Directors, volunteers and employees of Century Federal Credit Union and their immediate family members are not eligible for the Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship. All application information received will be held confidential by Century Federal Credit Union.