Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship
Century Federal Credit Union is honored to give back to our youth account members with our annual Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship*. Century Federal has been awarding scholarships to our youth members since 2010. Continuing education can be very expensive and we want to do our part to help make college a more affordable journey for our members. The scholarship is named after one of our former Board members, Guy H. Thorpe, who served on the Century Federal Board of Directors from 1971-1999 and was a credit union member for more than 30 years.
Every year, a $1,500 scholarship is awarded to each of four qualifying youth members. This year, we awarded a fifth scholarship made possible by a generous donation from our Online and Mobile Banking partner, Q2.
Congratulations to our 2019 Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship awardees:
In early 2020, we will announce the deadline for the 2020 scholarship applications. Remember to check for more information then!
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship award:
- Century Federal youth account holder for at least one year
- High school seniors or recent high school graduates (no more than 6 months past graduation)
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Complete application with applicant and parental signatures
- List of applicant’s community service experience
- List of applicant’s extra-curricular activities
- 250-300 word essay describing one specific experience during your community service or extra-curricular activities that has helped to shape your future educational plans
- Copy of the applicant’s most current high school transcripts (these do not need to be final transcripts)
The Century Federal Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship Committee will review all submitted eligible applications. The committee will choose four applicants to receive the scholarship awards.
How to Apply
Simply download the Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship application
or stop by any of our Century Federal branch locations
to pick up an application.
Please type or neatly print the information outlined in the application. Please note that any incomplete applications will be disqualified.
Once completed, send all scholarship requirements to one of the following:
- By email: Scan all documents and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By branch: Drop off all required documents to your local Century Federal branch
- By mail: Century Federal Credit Union, Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship, 4600 Rockside Road, Independence, OH 44131.
Please send questions about the Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship to email@example.com. You can also call Member Services at 216-535-3200 or stop in your local Century Federal branch to speak with a branch representative.
Century Federal wishes all high school seniors and recent graduates the best of luck in all of their future endeavors. All information submitted will be held confidential by Century Federal Credit Union.
*Scholarship program terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice. Directors, volunteers and employees of Century Federal Credit Union and their immediate family members are not eligible for the Guy H. Thorpe Memorial Scholarship.