Time to take a savecation.
Summer is here and what does that mean? Traveling, of course. Some of the best memories come from time spent journeying the globe. Though vacationing can be fun, it can also take a toll on your budget – especially if you’re in retirement. So, how do you travel on a retirement budget? Skylight Financial Group has some pointers:
- Plan it. You can plan ahead for a trip by putting money in a separate account for travel expenses. If your projected expenses exceed your budgeted amount, do some financial trimming.
- Look ahead. Start thinking early. Develop a timeline. Map out the details of your trip. Schedule it. If you’re flying, booking early will allow you to get better rates. The same goes for costs for accommodations.
- Dig up the deals. Websites provide some outstanding travel deals. You can get discounts on flights, cruises, and hotels from Kayak and Google Flights. Airbnb provides some fabulous and considerably less costly accommodations for travelers.
- Take discounts. You may not want to broadcast to the world that you’re a senior. But many places offer senior discounts that can save you a lot of money over time.
- Choose your rewards. Have you earned points on loyalty programs for hotel stays, airline flights or credit card use? Use the points. That’s what the points are for. It’s time to put them to good use. What time is better than now?
Traveling on a retirement budget can be fun and affordable. All it takes is a little planning!
Contact Skylight today at 216.592.7315 or CFCUteam@skylightfg.com.
Investments are not NCUA insured. Not credit union guaranteed. May lose value. Securities, investment advisory and financial planning services offered through qualified registered representatives of MML Investors Services, LLC. Member SIPC. OSJ: 2012 W. 25th Street, Suite 900, Cleveland OH 44113. 216-621-5680. CRN202103-245841
Century Federal Credit Union is not a subsidiary or affiliate of MML Investors Services, or its affiliated companies.